*Stock trading, countries: UK only.
To execute a sell order:
1. Go to the Investing screen by clicking
on the bottom left of the navigation bar.
2. Find the stock you want to sell under “Portfolio”.
3. Once the stock details screen has opened, press the “Sell” button.
You can sell stocks both during US market hours (9:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m Eastern time, which is equivalent to 2:30 p.m to 9:00 p.m GMT) and outside of market hours. Orders placed during market hours will be executed right away. Out-of-market orders, on the other hand, will be queued and executed once the market opens.
4. On the next screen, you will see an indication of the current stock price. Now you have to enter the value of the stocks you want to sell, you will need to enter the amount of money and Shares will calculate the estimated number of shares you will sell (you can also press the “Sell all” button to sell all your holdings in all of your stocks).
5. The next screen is the order review screen, showing an indicative stock price, an indicative amount of money you could receive from the sale, service fee and the indicative total amount of money you could receive from the sale. All prices are indicative until the trade has been executed and confirmed, this is because markets are moving all the time and whilst we will do our best to get the best price for you, it will not always be possible.
6. After reviewing the order, tap on confirm. You will now be navigated to the page where you can do the following:
Add a note and GIF if you wish.
Customise the visibility settings of your trade, e.g. followers or ghost mode.
7. When you’re ready, confirm your choice and that’s it. You have just sold your stocks!